Call Now For A Free Consultation 971-915-4878
Salem Wrongful Death Lawyers
Salem Wrongful Death Attorneys
What is wrongful death? Wrongful death is a legal term to describe a claim that certain individuals can make against a person who wrongfully or negligently causes the death of another. Wrongful death claims are enacted by the state legislature to govern who can bring a wrongful death claim.
Our wrongful death attorneys have helped our clients recover substantial money settlements from the negligent persons who caused the wrongful death.
Wrongful Death Claimants
Since wrongful death claims are governed by a statute enacted by the legislature, the persons who are entitled to recover claims are set by statute. In addition, the types of damages a person may recover are set also by statute.
What Kind of Incidents Qualify as Wrongful Death?
Not all deaths caused by another qualify as wrongful death. The death must have occurred due to the negligence of another to be considered wrongful death. Incidentally, many incidents could be considered negligent behavior that leads to the death of another. Here are some examples of wrongful death claims:
- Texting, drunk driving or other distracted driving which caused a fatal car accident.
- Property damage or premises liability that resulted in a drowning accident.
- Drugs or defective products that caused the victim to die.
Depending on the circumstances, you may qualify to claim wrongful death. Be sure to contact Parke Gordon Law Firm to determine if you have a legitimate wrongful death case.
Who Can File a Wrongful Death Claim?
Even so, if your case does qualify, only certain individuals can make the claim for the damages and loss of their loved ones.
In most cases, the following individuals may file a wrongful death claim:
- Spouses or life partners
- Other dependents
By and large, to receive justice for wrongful death you must have some substantial evidence. Ultimately, there are some key factors you must have to prove your claim is valid. For instance, you must include the fact that the party you are suing owes your loved one a duty of care, they breached that duty to care and as a result, they caused the death. Extensive evidence, expert opinions, witness testimony, a thorough legal investigation, and much more could be required.
What to Look For When Hiring a Wrongful Death Attorney
Here are a few things to look for when hiring a wrongful death attorney.
- How much experience does he or she have as a wrongful death attorney in the specific area of your case? For example, if your family member died in a car accident, you’ll want an experienced car accident lawyer who can handle your wrongful death suit.
- Who will be working on your case? At Parke Gordon, your assigned wrongful death attorney will handle the majority of your case. However, staff members will also be helping to gather any medical bills or other parts of the case to ensure all things are in proper order.
- What do online Google reviews say about this lawyer?
- Are there any disciplinary actions against this lawyer? You can check the relevant state bar association website.
Contact a Wrongful Death Attorney Now
Contact a wrongful death attorney to find out if you are entitled under the statute to bring a claim and, if so, what types of damages you are entitled to recover. We are aggressive, experienced, and trusted. We will fight to ensure you get a fair settlement. Call (971) 915-4878 now.
You Pay Nothing Until We Win Your Case
Call Now For A Free Consultation 971-915-4878 How to be Safe Around a Stalled Vehicle Having your vehicle stall can be a terrifying experience; especially if it happens while you are cruising down the highway. The following are some tips to help keep yourself safe in the event that your vehicle stalls. How to be…Read More
Call Now For A Free Consultation 971-915-4878 Rollover Car Accident in Downtown Salem Police reported a rollover car accident in downtown Salem which shut down Church Street for about an hour. Officials say no one was injured from the rollover accident. However, the windows were shattered and the airbags deployed on the vehicle. Information about…Read More