Call Now For A Free Consultation 971-915-4878
Preparing to Speak with a Salem Personal Injury Lawyer
There are three things you can do to prepare to speak with a Salem personal injury lawyer that can help your case go smoothly.
- Do not speak to the insurance company about your case or sign any documents.
- See a doctor to receive proper medical treatment and make sure all injuries are documented.
- Collect paperwork and documents that will help your attorney with your personal injury case.
By doing these three things before talking with an injury lawyer, your case will hopefully go more smoothly and sooner. That means you’ll receive a better settlement, faster.
Avoid Speaking to the Insurance Company
Often times after an accident, the insurance company of the other party will attempt to contact you to receive a written statement. DO NOT give it to them. Simply tell them they can contact your attorney. Insurance companies are trained to twist your words in order to make you settle for less. Moreover, do not sign any documents that the insurance company requests you to sign without first speaking to your attorney. It is best to save yourself the hassle and simply let your personal injury attorney handle all conversations with the insurance company.
To be safe, only speak with your attorney about your accident. This will increase your chances of receiving the most compensation possible.
Receive Medical Treatment
After an accident, we recommend seeing a medical professional to be properly diagnosed. Even if you do not feel injured, it is best to get checked out. Many times patients do not feel the pain from an accident-related injury until weeks later. By waiting to be seen by a medical professional it makes it easy for the insurance company to blame the injury on something that happened after the accident. This can greatly harm your case. The insurance company can deny your claim or argue that injuries were caused by a different accident.
While still at the accident scene, there are things you can do to gather evidence that can impact your case.
- A police report. Call the police after an accident so an officer can create a police report and properly document the accident.
- Photos of the accident. If you are able, take photos of the accident scene, the damage to the cars and any injuries you sustained.
- Talk to witnesses. Gather the contact information (name and phone number) of anyone who witnessed the accident.
- Medical records. After being seen by a medical professional, request copies of any medical records to give to your attorney. This can save you and your attorney time later.
Call a Salem Personal Injury Attorney
Salem personal injury attorney, Mat Parke, concentrates his practice on accident and injury cases, including car accidents, semi truck accidents, and wrongful death cases. The Mat Parke Law Office has years of experience holding insurance companies responsible for damages caused by their customers and obtaining impressive settlements for the law firm's clients.
Contact a personal injury attorney in Salem today by calling our law office at (971) 915-4878. We're here to help take the stress out of your claim. Let us fight the insurance company for you.
You Pay Nothing Until We Win Your Case
Call Now For A Free Consultation 971-915-4878 Free Consultation for Your Personal Injury Case – Parke Gordon Law Firm After an accident, many hesitate to hire an attorney. At Parke Gordon Law Firm, our Salem personal injury law firm offers a free consultation with an experienced personal injury attorney. This is your opportunity to discuss…Read More
Call Now For A Free Consultation 971-915-4878 New Personal Injury Law Firm in Salem and Portland, Oregon Parke Gordon Law Firm will be opening two new law offices in Oregon. One in Salem, Oregon and one in Portland, Oregon. Currently, Parke Gordon Law Firm has four office locations. One in Eugene, Oregon, one in Spokane,…Read More